Lemon always compliments seafood, but when you add lemon zest infused honey and a bit of bourbon to fresh fish, the taste is quite delicious. By zesting the lemons for you and infusing it in our local honey, we have made it easy to add the fresh flavor of lemons to any dish. What’s more, this incredibly simple recipe with few ingredients makes it an ideal meal for any day of the week.
Lemon Zest Infused Honey Bourbon Red Snapper
- 4 fillets of red or yellowtail snapper
- 4 Tbs Absolutely Delightful Lemon Zest Infused Honey
- 4 Tbs bourbon
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 cedar grilling wraps, with twine
- Soak the cedar grilling wraps in water according to the instructions on the package, usually about five minutes. This will add moisture to your fish and prevent the wraps from burning.
- While the wraps are soaking, warm the bourbon in a small saucepan (this will make it easier when incorporating your honey). Add the Absolutely Delightful Lemon Zest Infused Honey, stirring until dissolved. Set aside.
- Once your wraps are moist, lay them out on a cookie sheet. Spread one fillet of snapper on each wrap parallel to the grain of the wood. Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Next, gently spoon the honey-bourbon sauce over each fillet–be generous! Lay two to three slices of lemon on top of the snapper. Finally, gently fold the edges of the wraps over the fillets and secure with a piece of twine.
- If you have any remaining honey bourbon sauce, gently simmer for a minute or two to thicken. Reserve this thickened sauce to add after the red snapper is grilled.
- Place the wrapped snapper onto a preheated grill. Cook on the open grill for about 7-8 minutes, then close the grill and finish cooking for another 5 minutes or so. As soon as your snapper is cooked to your liking, remove the packet from grill. Unwrap and discard the cedar grilling sheets. Lastly, gently spoon the reserved honey-bourbon sauce over the grilled fillets and serve immediately.
Adapted from National Honey Board